Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Jamie Oliver's Chicken Tikka Masala

Chicken Tikka Masala is an extremely popular dish at Indian restaurants. I love the Indian food and I love the taste of curry, so this dish was a win-win for me.

This recipe is from Jamie Oliver's cookbook Jamie's Dinners, a great cookbook with beautiful illustrations. Along with a handful of spices, cashews and chicken; yogurt, heavy cream and cilantro balance the spiciness of this dish, giving a cool touch to the tongue. Since the sauce is made separately from the meat, this dish could also be served with lamb.

Here are some of Jordan's pictures from when we made this recipe.*





*Jordan took the lead on this recipe.

2 comments:

  1. Liv, is there really such a thing as a wooden nailhead? I haven't heard of such a thing.Your dishes are starting to look a little old-fashioned. Would you like my dishes with the fruit border? Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom, my dished a all mismatched hammy downs! I'm holding out for an all white dish set.

    ReplyDelete