Friday, March 26, 2010

D.C. Round Up

I'm finally getting around to posting pictures from last week's trip to Washington, D.C. For those of you who don't know, I lived there for 2 years before moving to Nashville. I loved being back there to see old friends and experience city life once again.

The first night there, I went to an amazing restaurant with my friend Claire called Founding Farmers. The restaurant's rustic, farmhouse atmosphere is decorated with handcrafted farm tables where family and friends can gather to enjoy their meals. Waiters even pour water from glass milk jugs, giving evidence to the fact that no detail went unnoticed in the planning of this restaurant.

All food is local and organic. I had the farmer's meatloaf- a huge chunk of meat topped with sauteed mushrooms, creamy mash potatoes and freshly steamed vegetables. As an appetizer, we also enjoyed hand made cheddar and potato crisps, which were served with green goddess, pimento, and onion dips. All in all, it was a great meal, but I should worn you, if you're thinking about trying it out I'd suggest making a reservation. The word is on the street that this restaurant is good!
We were fortunate enough to have amazing weather last weekend so on Sunday, we decided to have a picnic in the beautiful, historic neighborhood of Eastern Market. It is such a charming area! The row houses date back to the late 19th century and are adorned with the prettiest moldings, arches and finite details that modern houses often lack. We also took a gander at the local flea market. You could easily decorate an entire home with one trip to this weekly market, not to mention get your groceries, flowers and jewelry all at the same time.
The houses and flea market finds are all from Eastern Market. Also below is a picture of my new friend Cooper who is the sweetest dog! Thanks to my friend Claire- it was great to see you and I appreciate your hospitality. Also, thanks for walking me through unlocking the door when I couldn't figure it out ;)













No comments:

Post a Comment