Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Wanna Buy It Wednesday: Rustic and Charming, But Not For Sale

This week I'm taking a break from the traditional Wanna Buy it Wednesday for a special viewing of my friend's family retreat in Montgomery, AL. Fellow blogger and friend Ashley from Smitten Design along with a few others spent some time there last weekend. Thanks to Ash's irresistible photos, I couldn't resist posting about their trip.  
 
Before I show you the house, let me introduce you to the weekend's special guests who just so happened to take one of the best impromptu album cover photos I think I've ever seen. I grew up with these dudes in Florida and I'm pretty sure they have now WAY surpassed me on the trajectory of coolness, thanks to this awesome shot.
 
 
The guy on the right with the gun is actually from Montgomery originally and this is his extended family's home. The farmhouse sits on several acres of property in the country. Wood-beamed ceilings, black-slate floors, gas lanterns and a beautiful stone fireplace are some of my favorite features. Ash told me I'd love this place and judging from the photos, there's no doubt I would. Looks like you guys had a blast!






Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Wow!!! What an amazing retreat. My family would love this!!

    Thanks for the inside scoop!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh' you have a very nice home. I like it. I am sure many will get interested with this. Thanks for sharing.

    -pia-

    ReplyDelete