Monday, March 14, 2011

Good New + Bad News = A Lot of News

Forgive me for my lack of posts as of late.  So much has been happening this past week that blogging has slipped through the cracks! Today I'm actually off to Philadelphia for a business trip, but before I leave I would like to fill you in on some of the latest happenings. 

Remember last week when I bid on a lovely Federal style mahogany tallboy? Well, I won!! I am absolutely thrilled that Weschler's accepted my offer.  On a less exalted note, the single chest I thought I was getting actually came with two dressers, a nightstand, mirror, and two twin bed frames. I had NO IDEA I was bidding on an entire roomful of furniture and can say that without a doubt I feel as though I robbed Weschler's only to leave them penniless! What a deal.
 
I'm in the midst of trying to sell the beds and unwanted dresser. The rest of the furniture will either go in my room or somewhere else in my apartment. Thank goodness my roommate has been understanding. I can't wait to sell off some of my new loot and start decorating my space. 

Here's a few pics of the gorgeous new additions:
 

 


 

 Now that I have acquired my new furniture, I can move forward with the rest of my projects. Over the course of the next month I hope to do the following:

1. Make my own headboard.
2. Dye my curtains orange, trim them down and add gold hoops at the top.
3. Buy and reupholster an old chair.
4. Accessorize to complete the look. 

I can't wait for the finished product! In the meantime, here's a little sneaky peaky of what's in place so far.


 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment