Tuesday, April 19, 2011

New Headboard

My headboard is finally complete! The easy steps I followed are outlined below.

1. Initially I planned to have the lumber cut at a hardward store, but after much research I decided to order a kit. In the end, this option was cheaper and easier since it came pre-padded and assembled. I  chose the Camden style from Headboard Craft.

2. I was also able to purchase a staple gun to be sent with the headboard kit. After choosing a fabric, I pulled it taut and stapled it around the edges. 

3. Next, I attached the headboard legs with a screwdriver. 
 4. And finally, I added nailhead trim as the finishing touch.

Ta Da! I couldn't be happier with the outcome. And the best part is I can easily change the fabric if I ever decide to do so. Now, if I can just get those wrinkles out of my sheets!



  1. Looks amazing, Liv! When we move B is going into a twin bed and I always see wonderful fabric headboards I want to DIY. I need to check out the website where you got yours!

  2. What a great idea and your pictures make it look so easy, although I'm sure it wasn't. Love the outcome!