Thursday, May 6, 2010

Refinishing

If you're an avid Craigslist furniture-watcher like me, you know there are so many diamonds in the rough out there waiting to be made pretty again. I've been looking for a new desk for some time now to refurbish. I've found a few choices in the past, but none of them have worked out. Today, however, I found this beauty.


I'm extra excited that it has a glass top making it more durable and ideal for any late night studying that may be taking place.

Many bloggers out there have done an outstanding job of refinishing old furniture. I'm especially inspired by these pieces:










Since this desk comes with a glass top, I'm thinking about doing a fun chevron pattern on the surface. It will take time, but I know it's going to look amazing. Sunset Magazine has a great tutorial. I'm so excited!!


No comments:

Post a Comment