Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Summertime Reading

I'm heading to the beach with my family in a few weeks and cannot wait to spend my days soaking up sun while reading a great book. One of the reasons I love summer so much is that work slows down and I have time to catch up on my reading.
I've picked out a few novels to tide me over for the next few months. Here are my suggestions if you are looking for an entertaining story or two.

A historical novel:


I love Thomas Jefferson and I loved this book. It was my first read of the summer and Ellis' entertaining account of Jefferson's life and legacy really got my palette wet for more books to come.

Something to give you goosebumps:



I just started this book last night. If you are looking for an entertaining mystery I would highly recommend it. My mom actually read this book before me and loved it!

A few of the classics:


Who doesn't love Poe, Hemingway, Joyce and Hawthorne? I don't read enough of the classics so this book is my chance to do just that.

A book that's personal:




When I saw the title of this book I thought that it surely couldn't be about the Citrus County where I grew up. But it is! And yes, I'm going to read this book just for that reason.

To Make You Laugh:




I've heard Sedaris on the radio before and he's hilarious. This book came out a few years ago and I've been meaning to read it for some time now.

What's on your reading list for the summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment