I'd been waiting for the perfect excuse to make this delicious recipe ever since the day I saw it. This past weekend, an opportunity happened to present itself when I had my friend CEW over for dinner Sunday night. Clams are quite easy and quick to make, and served with a dry white wine they make for quite the crowd-pleaser! This weekend the cooking for CEW will continue with a lovely Hummingbird Cake for her birthday, per her request!
1. Cook 12 oz. linguine as directed, drain and set aside.
2. Heat 3 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil in a large sauce pan over medium heat.
3. Add 1 teaspoon of thyme, 1 teaspoon of crushed red pepper, 6 chopped anchovy fillets, a 4 minced garlic cloves. Cook 2 minutes.
4. Stir in 1/3 cup of dry white wine and 1/4 cup clam juice.
5. Add 30 littleneck clams and steam for 4 minutes, or until clams open. Discard unopened clams.
6. Stir in cooked pasta, 2 tablespoons of butter, 1/2 fresh parsley, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of cracked pepper.